Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This awesome treat was shown on Mirch Masala this morning on Star Plus by chef Rakesh Sethi. Amazing simple treat!
- 1 1⁄2 liters milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped cashews
- 2 teaspoons chopped plain pistachios
- 2 teaspoons saffron threads, soaked in 2 tbsps. warm milk or 2 teaspoons warm water
- 150 g sugar
- 4 apples, washed
- Bring milk to a boil in a pot.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down to room temperature and thicken on its own.
- Add nuts, green cardamom powder, saffron and sugar.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Cut off the tops of the 4 apples and scoop out the centre portion with the seed.
- The centre portion will now be empty.
- In this portion, fill in the above prepared milk-sugar combo (known as"rabdi" in Hindi), very carefully.
- Make a dough of wheat flour with water and roll out a thin strip and firmly fix this onto the top of the apple so as to seal it.
- Cover the apple with aluminium foil.
- Likewise, repeat for all the apples.
- Freeze for a few hours.
- After about 4 hours, remove the apples, slice them and garnish them with rose syrup and serve.