Recipe by Dancer^
This is our favorite meatloaf, its fast and easy to make and the leftovers are great in sandwiches or rolled up in soft tacos with cheese tomato and lettuce.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups apples, peeled and cored, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Form into loaf and place in 10- x 14-inch baking pan (or pack into large, greased loaf pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.