Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is our favorite meatloaf, its fast and easy to make and the leftovers are great in sandwiches or rolled up in soft tacos with cheese tomato and lettuce.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups apples, peeled and cored, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Form into loaf and place in 10- x 14-inch baking pan (or pack into large, greased loaf pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
This was the best meatloaf recipe I have ever made! Those apples made it so moist but it didn't fall apart when you sliced it. This is one that will be repeated regularly.
Had company for dinner that loves meatloaf SOOoooo I made this one and she just raved over it. Want's the recipe etc etc. I used 1 lb of pork mixed with the beef. The apples give the loaf a nice moistness. I baked it in a loaf pan and it needed about an extra half hour to cook. Thanks for yet another keeper
What a great meatloaf recipe. I made this the other night for dinner not really sure how we were going to like it. If was fabulous. I agree with the other reviewers, the apples really gave the meatloaf a moistness, yet the meatloaf did not fall apart when sliced. Had a terrific spicy flavor. Thanks Dancer^