Recipe by lauralie41
A favorite apple coffe cake from BettyCrocker.com using Original Bisquick Mix. This recipe is also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005, Germany.
Top Review by jswinks
Sorry, this wasn't a big hit for us, it wasn't what we expected. It seemed rather dense, and the outside crust was dry but the crust under the custard seemed mushy. Maybe because I used fat free yogurt? The flavor was good though.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix, Original
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 2 inch springform pan or 9 x 1 1/2 inch round pan with shortening.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, butter and egg. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat mixture about 30 seconds or until smooth. Blend in Bisquick and spread over bottom and up one inch of the side of pan.
- In a small bowl, whip together yogurt and egg until smooth. Stir in apple and spoon over batter in pan. Mix together the 1/4 cup of sugar and the 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake approximately 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove sides from pan if using springform and serve warm.