This is a different take of the classic beer butt chicken. It is so moist and tasty. You need to try it!
- Take a beer or soft drink can and drink it. Wash and fill with 8 ounces of the applejuice.
- Combine all the spices except the bay leaf and put half of the spices in the can, plus the bay leaf. Save the rest of the spices for basting.
- Take a large pan 9X13 is fine, and pour 1 cup of applejuice in pan. Slice up an orange and put in pan also.
- Place chicken on can, then in the pan and put on the grill. If using a gas grill, heat the grill to 350 and then turn the middle burner off, so the chicken will not burn.
- Baste the chicken every half hour with extra virgen olive oil and the rest of the spice mix.
- Chicken will be done in 2 hours or until tempreture reaches 165 degrees.