Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was shopping at L.L. Beans one day and these nice ladies from the Junior League of Portland had snackies! This was a dip they had out and its great!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large granny smith apple, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a food processor or by hand, combine cheeses and mustard, blending until smooth.
- Remove to a medium bowl.
- Add apples and chives and gently combine mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Chill and serve with crackers.
Such a darling title and what a tasty treat to match! It's a very interesting combination of flavors and textures with the Dijon, Granny Smith, cheese, and pecans and I've never had anything like it. :) I will definitely make this again-thanks so much for the great recipe! *Quick note-Don't allow this to chill too long (I tried overnight since I didn't have time in the morning and that didn't work), because then it sets up more like a cheese ball and the flavors lose their unique qualities.
Made this up in no time at all & set it out with several other fruits spreads to use on a fresh multigrain bread during my recent Yuletide dinner (& copies of the recipe, which I ALWAYS set out so guests know that they're ingesting! A very nice keeper-of-a-recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
This is really tasty. I used it as a sandwich filling. Unfortunately you can't get hold of Monterey Jack here so I used gouda instead.