Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very filling and low-fat breakfast, perfect for those crisp fall days.
Make and share this Apple Harvest Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In medium saucepan, bring milk and water to boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until thick.
- Cover and let stand a few minutes.
I make this all the time and have loved it since day 1 (see my other comment/review over a year ago). Adding dates and walnuts to this recipe is fabulous. How about some dried cranberries?
Scaled down to 1 serving, used white sugar and unpeeled apples. Fantastic, as expected :-) Next time I might reduce the amount of sugar a tad. THANK YOU, Mirjam... you've made my life a whole lot yummier! :-D
I've made this recipe several times since I found it a month ago. It's definitely a 5-star. Everyone in the family loves it.