Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Apple juice creates a light glaze to this combo of winter veggies.
Make and share this Apple Glazed Root Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice, divided (may need up to a cup)
- 1 celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- white pepper
- In a large sauté pan melt 1 tablespoon of the butter, add onion and sauté 1-2 minutes till just starting to get translate.
- Add carrots and 1/2 cup apple juice and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the carrots are almost tender.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter, celery root and 1/4 cup apple juice up to 1/2 cup if looks to dry. Stir to coat, cover and simmer 5-7 minutes until the celery root is just tender.
- Season with salt and white pepper, and then serve.
Easy, peasy weeknight side dish. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. :)