Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fantastic sugar free tart that is so delicious, I know everyone will just love it!!
Make and share this Apple Ginger Pecan Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups peeled and sliced baking apples, such as Spy, Spartan or 2 cups granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- CRUST: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour and stir until dough comes together. Shape into a disk, wrap and chill for 2 hours, until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick and line an 8-inch, removeable bottom fluted tart pan. Freeze while preparing filling.
- FILLING: Whisk butter and Splenda. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Place chilled tart shell on a baking tray and arrange apples and pecans in shell. Gently pour filling over apples and pecans. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until edges of pastry are browned and filling no longer jiggles when pan is moved. Let tart cool for an hour before slicing.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.