Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This chutney is delicious with pork,chicken,or ham.
Make and share this Apple Ginger Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 2 cups minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- In large saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil,stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until it is thickened.
- Spoon chutney into glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
- The chutney keeps, covered and refrigerated, for 2 weeks.