Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another sinful recipe from my German Nanna
- 3 granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, seperated
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 15 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- oil (for frying)
- Peel and core apples. Cut into 1.5cm slices and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add milk and egg yolk, beat until smooth.
- Add brandy and melted butter, stand for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into batter.
- Coat apple slices with batter and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Toss in cinnamon and sugar. Serve hot with icecream.