Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These eggless, wheat free flapjacks are a must have in the lunchbox, they are delish
Make and share this Apple Flapjacks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 150 g butter
- 75 g brown sugar
- 75 g golden syrup
- 225 g porridge oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Place the apples in a small saucepan together with the lemon juice and a.
- little water.
- Bring to the boil.
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the apple is soft then mash the.
- apple to a soft purée.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in another saucepan, but do not let the.
- mixture boil.
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Press half the mixture into a 20cm/8 inch sandwich tin.
- Spread the apple purée on top, then cover with the remaining flapjack.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and mark into slices, but leave to cool before.
- attempting to remove from the tin.
Not too sweet. the Golden Syrup gives a lovely flavour. great basic recipe to which you can add all sorts of goodies.