- Carla -'s Note:
You can serve this salad on its own along side fresh baguette bread and butter as a delicious summer lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 head fennel, sliced (small)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1Thoroughly wash spinach and remove any fibrous stems; dry and place in a large salad bowl.
- 2Add sliced fennel, apples and red onions.
- 3Honey Celery Seed Dressing:.
- 4In a seperate mixing bowl mix mustard, salt, and paprkia; add in honey and blend well.
- 5Add oil and vinegar a little at a time, alternating, whisking briskly between each addition.
- 6Add grated onion and celery seed; makes about 1 2/3 cups of dressing.
- 7Mix in the Honey Celery Seed Dressing with salad.
- 8Serve with fresh baked baguette bread and garnished with chopped fennel tops. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Fennel Salad With Honey Celery Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.4
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 648.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar