Recipe by bmcnichol
My family loves this dessert and I love it because it is quick and easy to make. I also like that it is made in the microwave.
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice quick dessert or topping for cold morning oatmeal, which is how we enjoyed it. Made using granny smith apples and really enjoyed the sweet tart flavor. Thanks for the post.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide apples into four 10-oz. microwave-safe bowls.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top each with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 7-1/2 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- We sometimes top with vanialla ice cream.