Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by one of my neighbors. Everything this woman made she would give me left over dishes to take home to my family. I will never forget her Peach Pie and her homemade preserves. This woman even made her own ice cream for her grandkids. She would get each one of them to sit on the front stoop and take turns making the ice cream. She would always tell them, "if you want dessert, you'll have to help make it." She was the best neighbor and the closest friend I will ever have had the pleasure of knowing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups tart apples, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine oil and sugar; mix well.
- Stir in eggs then beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, blend well.
- Pour batter into a 10-inch Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Pour warm mixture over warm cake while it's still in the pan.
- Cool cake thoroughly before removing from pan.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream.