Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This was my first pie, and it came out beautiful and incredibly delicious! Recipe found at allrecipes.com, posted by Jackie Smith. There are a few apple crumb pie recipes already, but this one is a little different with some of the optional ingredients. I hope you like it!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells (I used a 9 inch deep dish shell)
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (I recommend Macintosh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Toss until apples are evenly coated.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apple filling.
- Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 25- 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This is the best apple pie I have ever made. I included the raisins and walnuts, which made the pie delicious. The only problem I had was that the baking time was not long enough, even though the pie looked done. It was still a little runny inside, but that didn't change the flavor. I would definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing!
Bama Babe....this pie is the best....I used splenda in place of the white sugar and used craisens instead of raisens....it was soooooo good. Got rave reviews at our family get-to-gether. thanks for a real winner.
I tryed this recipe and wow, its the best, stayed high and cut beautifully. i would definately add this to my favorites.. ty