Recipe by BamaBabe915
This was my first pie, and it came out beautiful and incredibly delicious! Recipe found at allrecipes.com, posted by Jackie Smith. There are a few apple crumb pie recipes already, but this one is a little different with some of the optional ingredients. I hope you like it!
Top Review by ksholl
This is the best apple pie I have ever made. I included the raisins and walnuts, which made the pie delicious. The only problem I had was that the baking time was not long enough, even though the pie looked done. It was still a little runny inside, but that didn't change the flavor. I would definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells (I used a 9 inch deep dish shell)
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (I recommend Macintosh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Toss until apples are evenly coated.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apple filling.
- Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 25- 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.