1 hr 10 mins
This was my first pie, and it came out beautiful and incredibly delicious! Recipe found at allrecipes.com, posted by Jackie Smith. There are a few apple crumb pie recipes already, but this one is a little different with some of the optional ingredients. I hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells (I used a 9 inch deep dish shell)
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (I recommend Macintosh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place sliced apples in a large bowl.
- 3Sprinkle with lemon juice if desired.
- 4In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- 6Toss until apples are evenly coated.
- 7Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- 8Spoon mixture into pastry shell.
- 9In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar.
- 10Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- 11Sprinkle mixture over apple filling.
- 12Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- 13Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 14Remove foil and bake an additional 25- 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- 15Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 154.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g