Recipe by smelly0610
A great dessert for any occasion
Top Review by breadmakingmama
I am a full fat apple crisp junkie, but thought something healthier would be good to try. The flavour is nice, but I found it to be a bit dry - maybe I'll reduce the amount on flour next time. I used real sugar (can't stand Splenda). A good sub for the "real stuff" when I have a late night craving, but wouldn't serve this to company.
- 3 medium baking apples, cored, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons water, to break down sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first four ingredients and place into 9-inch (square or round) baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix Topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apple the apples.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until apples are soft and topping is golden brown (about 30 minutes).