Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great dessert for any occasion
Make and share this Apple Crisp(Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium baking apples, cored, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons water, to break down sugar
- Mix first four ingredients and place into 9-inch (square or round) baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix Topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apple the apples.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until apples are soft and topping is golden brown (about 30 minutes).
I am a full fat apple crisp junkie, but thought something healthier would be good to try. The flavour is nice, but I found it to be a bit dry - maybe I'll reduce the amount on flour next time. I used real sugar (can't stand Splenda). A good sub for the "real stuff" when I have a late night craving, but wouldn't serve this to company.
I don't know what I did wrong, but mine did not turn out very well at all. It was very dry and falling apart, like it needed something to help it stick together more (the topping). The taste was good though.
Made this yesterday, as I was trying to make a lighter dessert for thanksgivng. It worked really well Followed the recipe apart from the fact I used Brown Splenda. It was great,the apples were good and sweet and th etopping was crunchy. I served it with a scoop of low fat vanilla frozen yogurt. Will definatley be making it again soon, thanks for posting it.