Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 -5 sliced baking apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- Peel and slice apples and place in pie plate.
- Pour water over apples.
- Cream butter with sugar, cinnamon and flour until crumbly and sprinkle over top of apples.
- Bake at 350°F until apples are soft when pricked with fork.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
overall this was pretty good apple crisp, but I thought it was a touch too sweet, and a little bland. the second time I made it, I added a 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and a 1/2 teaspoon all spice, and cut the brown sugar to 3/4 Cup. It came out great. thanks for posting
Oh my gosh, this was so easy and turned out so good to eat for dessert...I did serve it with ice cream...I will be making this one again, Thanks for the great recipe:)
Quick and easy-to-make with a slightly sweeter taste than most apple crisp recipes.