Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is really really good. I love apples so much! They're so versatile and the different apples give each dish such unique flavor. This one is so easy to throw in the oven and makes a beautiful presentation for dessert. Serve with a really good vanilla ice cream and you've got some really good eatin!
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut pound cake into 16 slices using serrated knife. Cover bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan with cake slices.
- In 2 quart bowl combine cream cheese and sugar. Whisk in sour cream, egg and vanilla until well blended ; spread evenly over cake slices.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Cut slices crosswise in half; layer apples evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- In 1 quart bowl, mix crumb topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and crumb topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream or alone.