Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A favourite adapted from Epicurious.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 3 tablespoons other white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed baby greens (about 10 cups lightly packed)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For dressing:
- Whisk mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil until mixture thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk before using.)
- For salad:
- Toss greens, apples, cranberries, and 1/4 cup walnuts in large bowl to combine. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad equally among plates. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts and serve.