Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cold reduced-calorie margarine
- 6 firm coooking apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced (Granny Smith)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, 2TBSP brown sugar and the flour.
- With two knives or your fingers work in the margarine until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, the remaining 2 TBSP of brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to combine.
- Spoon into the pan; sprinkle with the oats mixture.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
This was very good and pretty simple, especially b/c I used some apple pie filling I had recently made. The cranberries popped nicely, and it had just a little hint of tartness. Next time, I will add more margarine to the topping and double the amount.
This was very good but dry. I'm guessing that's from the kind of apples I used (a mix of Granny Smith, Gala & Jonamacs). The cranberries didn't 'pop' - not enough cook time? It was still delicious!!
very, very, good. May be a little to tart for some people...but not for me. DH and I loved it.