Recipe by Janice H.
The family's favorite stuffing. My daughter calls it "an heirloom of the holidays."
- 1 (16 ounce) packageseasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 10 sausage links, sliced and diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sausage until cooked through, drain on paper towel. Combine sausage with both bags of stuffing mix, melted butter, chopped apples and onion. Stir in apple juice until stuffing binds together. (If necessary to add more liquid, do it one tablespoon at a time.).
- Grease 3-qt baking dish, put stuffing in casserole. Bake covered 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Note: If you can find apple sausage, it is just wonderful in this recipe.