1/1 Photo of Apple Cinnamon Quinoa " Cereal"
Sesquipedalian Sapphist's Note:
Love oatmeal, but not gluten? This has the warmth and nostalgia of apple cinnamon oatmeal and is a wonderful way to prepare this nutritious “grain”. A yummy, nutritious way to start the day, and even the kids will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse Quinoa well to ensure your dish doesn’t have a bitter taste.
- 2In a small sauce pan, bring water and Quinoa to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer (uncovered) for 10-15 minutes (or until water is absorbed). You will know that the quinoa is done when all the grains have turned from white to transparent, and the spiral-like germ has separated.
- 4In a separate sauce pan, while Quinoa is cooking, melt soy margarine, then add raisins, nuts, cinnamon (and syrup, if desired) and simmer until raisins are plumped.
- 5When Quinoa is fully cooked, add fruit and nut mixture. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cinnamon Quinoa " Cereal"
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g