Healthy Rice Quinoa Breakfast Bake
photo by kittycatonline.com
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown rice, jasmine type, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup oats, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, crushed coarse
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, crushed coarse
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Use http://www.food.com/recipe/brown-jasmine-rice-with-quinoa-520574 for cooking brown rice and quiona together. If you do this, you need 3 cups instead of the individual amounts of brown jasmine rice and quinoa.
- Use coconut oil to grease a 9" square baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, or with a mixer. Mix enough to combine all ingredients. No extended mixing is needed. Mixture will be slightly moist and have a coarse texture.
- Deposit mixture into greased 9" square baking pan. Use rubber spatula to level the mixture within the baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating or storing in refrigerator.
- Suggested serving is to cut into eight bars. Serve either hot or cold. May be microwaved for one minute. Most excellent when glazed with honey at serving time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!