Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and easy pancake and waffle syrup I whipped up from ingredients on hand.
- Create a simple syrup by adding water and sugar to a sauce pan and bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil to thicken (I reduced by 1/3) then reduce heat a bit and stir in apple jelly until dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, stir to dissolve.
- Turn off the burner. Add butter and stir it in well after it melts.
- Serve warm over pancakes, waffles or french toast.
- The extra syrup keeps nicely for a couple of weeks sealed well in the fridge. I always warm it up again before using it.
I made this because I had extra apple jelly and didn't know what to do with it. It was way too sugary sweet tasting for me. The cinnamon flavor was just about right though.....