- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a quart jar, add apple, cinnamon sticks, 1 cup sugar, and vodka.
- Seal jar tightly, and place in a dry, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the liquid using a double layer of cheese cloth. Gently squeeze the apples, getting as much juice from them as possible.
- In a fresh quart jar, add the second cup of sugar, the glycerin, water to top and the strained liquid. Seal and store again in a dark place until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bottle the resulting liqueur in a fresh bottle and let age for roughly 3 months.