Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are SOOOOOOO delicious! I have also made these using peach pie filling in place of apple, it is just as good as the apple! I strongly suggest to double the complete recipe, I could eat pretty much this whole dish just myself, they are that good! you can use your own homemade apple pie filling for this in place of canned --- top these with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream :)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish (I use an 11 x 7-inch baking dish).
- Divide and spoon the pie filling down the center of each tortilla, then sprinkle with raisins (if using).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon lightly over the filling and raisins.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- In a saucepan bring butter, white sugar, brown sugar, water and whipping cream to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes; pour over the enchiladas in the dish.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
You are right Kittencal - this is sooooooo delicious! I made it for a Mexican carry-in at work today. It was to die for! One of my co-workers wanted to just eat the sauce. I made one substitution (not the butter of course). I used evaporated milk instead of the whipping cream and it was still extremely rich! The addition of cinnamon and raisins to this recipe make it over the top. It was easy to assemble and I tripled it and put it into a jellyroll pan for a large crowd. Thanks for something new!
I made my own apple filling with unsweetened apple juice,I'm so glad I did because the sauce is very sweet. They were very good. I had friends over for dinner last night and they devoured every single one. I doubled the recipe and can't wait to try other fillings. I think I'm going to skip the water in the sauce and use all heavy cream. Might experiment with condensed milk instead of the white sugar too. Thank you for a wonderful recipe
This was so easy and delicious! I used the small tortilla and it made 10 of them. I like the small because it is a rich dessert and it just makes for the perfect size. I followed directions exactly except for after they baked for 20 minutes I then turnedthe oven on a low broil for just a minute to bubble the caramel mixture that was on top of the enchilada and made it a pretty, crisp brown color. I also spooned the caramel mixture over the ice cream. Everyone loved it! I will definitely
use this recipe a lot. I can't wait to try it with some cinnamon cream cheese mixture in with the
apples. Yum! Thanks for a wonderful recipe.