Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are SOOOOOOO delicious! I have also made these using peach pie filling in place of apple, it is just as good as the apple! I strongly suggest to double the complete recipe, I could eat pretty much this whole dish just myself, they are that good! you can use your own homemade apple pie filling for this in place of canned --- top these with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream :)
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish (I use an 11 x 7-inch baking dish).
- Divide and spoon the pie filling down the center of each tortilla, then sprinkle with raisins (if using).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon lightly over the filling and raisins.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- In a saucepan bring butter, white sugar, brown sugar, water and whipping cream to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes; pour over the enchiladas in the dish.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
I made my own apple filling with unsweetened apple juice,I'm so glad I did because the sauce is very sweet. They were very good. I had friends over for dinner last night and they devoured every single one. I doubled the recipe and can't wait to try other fillings. I think I'm going to skip the water in the sauce and use all heavy cream. Might experiment with condensed milk instead of the white sugar too. Thank you for a wonderful recipe
This was so easy and delicious! I used the small tortilla and it made 10 of them. I like the small because it is a rich dessert and it just makes for the perfect size. I followed directions exactly except for after they baked for 20 minutes I then turnedthe oven on a low broil for just a minute to bubble the caramel mixture that was on top of the enchilada and made it a pretty, crisp brown color. I also spooned the caramel mixture over the ice cream. Everyone loved it! I will definitely
use this recipe a lot. I can't wait to try it with some cinnamon cream cheese mixture in with the
apples. Yum! Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
5 stars all the way. We loved the caramel sauce and they were so simple to make. Thanks for posting this tasty recipe.