Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this cake recently using 4 firm Spartan apples... it is simple wonderful!
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or use 2 teaspoons vanilla)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (if you like cinnamon then use more)
- 3 cups chopped apples
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl beat together cream cheese with 1-1/2 cups sugar, butter, almond extract and vanilla (about 3-4 minutes) until well blended.
- Add in eggs; beat until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture on low speed until blended.
- In a bowl combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the 2-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon/sugar mixture and mix with the chopped apples.
- Stir the apple mixture into batter.
- Transfer the batter to prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until cake pulls away from the pan and tests done.
Amazing!! I would give it 10 stars if I could. I mixed one teaspoon of cinnamon in with the apples and sugar and another teaspoon in with the dry ingredients. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream (cause what isn't better with ice cream) this was the perfect dessert. Thank you!!