Recipe by AmyZoe
I wanted to try something different with my ham, and this is really good. Very simple and satisfying. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Christmas 2009 and Rebecca LaWare of Hilton, NY. She created this cider glaze.
- 6 -7 lbs ham (fully cooked bone-in)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 inch deep.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cider, honey, vinegar, and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the butter, chili powder, and apple pie spice.
- Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Cook the remaining sauce until thickened and spoon over ham.
- Bake, uncovered 30 to 35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140.
- Warm reserved sauce and serve with ham.