Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy version of a classic fall favorite.
- 1 large orange
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 3⁄4 cups fresh orange juice
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel the skin from the orange leaving the bitter white pith behind.
- Stick the cloves into the skin.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange and add to the 2-3/4 cups orange juice.
- Place all ingredients into a large nonreactive pan and bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to stand at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve warm or cold.
- Makes 12 (1 cup) servings.