6 hrs 25 mins
A delicious spicy chicken. You can pull it to wrap in a tortilla for lunches or slice and eat it as roast chicken, for a nice dinner. I like pulling this chicken to put on tortillas with the rice, mayo and lettuce. Very good! Cook time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chipotles into tiny pieces.
- 2Mix chipotles, cheese, applesauce and half of the lime juice in small bowl.
- 3Loosen skin over breasts on each chicken with your finger to create pockets (do not peel back).
- 4Stuff the chipotle/cheese mixture in each "pocket" of the chicken.
- 5Mix reserved adobo sauce and remaining lime juice together.
- 6Baste each chicken with the sauce.
- 7Put chickens in the refrigerator, 1-3 hours.
- 8Pour 250mL/1 cup of rice into cavity of each bird.
- 9Put 1 peeled apple into the cavity of each bird.
- 10Place chickens in roasting pan, cover and put into preheated 350F degree oven.
- 11After 1/2 hour, remove cover, baste and replace in oven, turn temperature down to 325°F.
- 12Baste every half hour (very important), skin will become very dark.
- 13Try to squeeze some of the fluid behind the apple so the rice gets the moisture as well.
- 14Cook 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours depending on oven and size of chickens.
- 15Remove from oven.
- 16Discard apple, scoop out rice. Rice will be al dente.
- 17**The cheese mixture is VERY spicy, you can either scrape it off (Chicken will be flavoured throughout) or slice the chicken thin, with a little of the mixture of each slice. You can also pull this chicken and serve on tortillas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Chipotle Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 196.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo