Recipe by Dannygirl
A delicious spicy chicken. You can pull it to wrap in a tortilla for lunches or slice and eat it as roast chicken, for a nice dinner. I like pulling this chicken to put on tortillas with the rice, mayo and lettuce. Very good! Cook time includes refrigeration.
- 200 g chipotle chiles in adobo, sauce reserved
- 200 g soft fresh goat cheese
- 125 ml applesauce
- 2 apples, peeled
- 60 ml lime juice
- 500 ml rice
- 2 roasting chickens
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chipotles into tiny pieces.
- Mix chipotles, cheese, applesauce and half of the lime juice in small bowl.
- Loosen skin over breasts on each chicken with your finger to create pockets (do not peel back).
- Stuff the chipotle/cheese mixture in each "pocket" of the chicken.
- Mix reserved adobo sauce and remaining lime juice together.
- Baste each chicken with the sauce.
- Put chickens in the refrigerator, 1-3 hours.
- Pour 250mL/1 cup of rice into cavity of each bird.
- Put 1 peeled apple into the cavity of each bird.
- Place chickens in roasting pan, cover and put into preheated 350F degree oven.
- After 1/2 hour, remove cover, baste and replace in oven, turn temperature down to 325°F.
- Baste every half hour (very important), skin will become very dark.
- Try to squeeze some of the fluid behind the apple so the rice gets the moisture as well.
- Cook 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours depending on oven and size of chickens.
- Remove from oven.
- Discard apple, scoop out rice. Rice will be al dente.
- **The cheese mixture is VERY spicy, you can either scrape it off (Chicken will be flavoured throughout) or slice the chicken thin, with a little of the mixture of each slice. You can also pull this chicken and serve on tortillas.