Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love to make these after mexican meals. They are so easy.
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 slices fat-free American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or other sweetner)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Peel and dice apple.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and saute apple until lightly browned (about 4-5 minutes) Remove apple from pan and re-spray.
- Place in pan 1 flour tortilla and scoop 1/2 apple, 1/2 Splenda, 1/2 cinnamon, and 1 cheese slice in center.
- Cover pan and cook on medium heat until underside is golden and cheese melts.
- (about 4-5 minutes) Fold tortilla in half and remove to serving plate.
- Repeat process for second tortilla.
- Serve warm with fat free whipped topping.
One daughter liked it and the other did not. I thought it was just OK. The flavor did seem better once they were pretty cool. When they were hot the apple flavor didn't come through very well. I used real sugar and 2% cheese. I guess I expected more from this.
My daughter and I have quesadillas for lunch at least once every week. They are so easy to make... and I love this idea of adding fruit to it. When I made mine, I used whole grain tortillas, and didnt use any sugar. It still tasted great.
Major comfort food. OK, so I used full-fat ingredients and real sugar. In any case, these were a texture delight, with the melty cinnamon-sugar and cheese, tart apples, and flaky tortillas.