Recipe by CindiJ
I found this recipe on line at The Recipe Link. After being at Cracker Barrel, I think this is close to the real thing. I had to eyeball the amounts on the crackers and soup as no measurements were given. Next time I will measure and post accordingly.
Top Review by chef 372893
This recipe is very close. But, I spoke with a waitress at the local Cracker Barrel, she said the apples were/are what they sell in their store. Having the apples a bit more tender, slightly saucy, and lightly spiced made the difference. I used a cheddar cheese sauce commonly used for dipping tortilla chips. Turned out great with the modifications.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 apple, sliced (Golden Delicious works good)
- Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, warmed*
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in an ovenproof dish. Season with salt and pepper according to taste (remember, the crackers add salt).
- Slice apples or use canned apples place on top of chicken.
- Put crushed Ritz crackers on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Before serving top with Cheese Whiz or cheddar cheese soup.
- *If you use cheddar cheese soup thin with a little milk.