Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Really easy & delicious! I got this recipe from http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com
- Ready In:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
- In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers.
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Ok, the first time I tried making this recipe exactly as written, but the cheese and crackers do not stick as well as I hoped. So this time I coated the chicken breasts is seasoned flour, then dipped in an egg/milk wash, and then packed as many crushed cracker crumbs as possible on to both sides of the chicken. Put the coated pieces in a baking dish and sprinkled a bunch of shredded cheddar on. Followed the recipe for baking. So good this way!
Good recipe for what it is. I salt and peppered the chicken before even dredging it, and felt it could have even used a little more. I didn't get a big enough can of the cream of chicken, so I added extra sour cream, and also added milk and the extra cheese I had left over. I am not a huge fan of the artificial chicken flavor, so this helped in fixing that for me.