Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from a recipe on HealthyGreenKitchen.com
- 3 medium apples
- 45 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 g milk
- 150 g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a 20cm springform pan.
- Cut apples into quarters, core and then slice very very thin, about 3mm per slice. Set aside.
- Heat butter 1 minute/50 degrees/speed 1.
- Add sugar. Mix 15 seconds/speed 4.5.
- Add eggs and milk. Mix 20 seconds/speed 5.
- Add almond meal. Mix 20 seconds/speed 4.5.
- Add baking powder and vanilla. Mix 30 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Layer sliced apples on top of batter in concentric circles. Completely cover the cake - make several layers of apples if you like.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Thank you for this quick and easy receipe. I halved the sugar and added cinnamon and flaked almonds on top. Spectacular! Because I have a fan-forced oven, I only baked it for 40mins and it was delicious! This will become one of my staples.