Recipe by Mary in LA.
These cakes are so delicious you wished you made more then one.
Top Review by CindiJ
Made this for My 3 Chefs 2008. This is a very, very rich and heavy cake. It IS moist and full of flavor, so I would have to say it was worth the effort. DH really enjoyed it - he ate it more like a pudding than cake (in a bowl warmed with ice cream or whipped cream over the top). Thanks Mary for a really nice treat!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups apples (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Pour veg oil over sugar and apples.
- Let it soak for at least 1 hr.
- Add sugar,apple and oil to beaten eggs.
- Add soda, salt,cinnamon, allspice and vanilla to flour.
- Mix very well with nuts and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 10 in.tube pan.
- Bake 1 hr and 15 minutes
- Now you have a very moist delicious cake