Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is good with icecream or whipped cream on top
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together except 1/2 cup brown sugar and a tsp of cinnamon.
- Spread into 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Spread remaining brown sugar and cinnamon on top of dough before baking.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.