Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very good! Been years but I will make soon! Prep time is estimated for soaking and icing prep!
Make and share this Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- For cake: Pour sugar over apples and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Beat oil and eggs; add sugar and apples.
- Sift soda, salt and flour together and add to the mixture.
- Pour into ungreased 13x9 pan; bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- For icing: mix sugar, milk, coconut, pecans and vanilla in saucepan.
- Cook to thread stage; test with spoon until the mixture drips and leaves threads or strings hanging (approx. 230 degrees).
- When this is reached, remove from heat and add butter; spread on cake.