Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Serve this cake as you would a slice of apple pie -- warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by ~Leanne~
This cake was fantastic. I love how the top is a bit crunchy, very nice. I had so many apples to use up from my tree and this is a recipe I will be using again. Thanks for posting.
- 3 cups sliced apples (preferably Jonathan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix together apples, oil, sugar, eggs& walnuts by hand in a large bowl, combining well.
- Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla& cinnamon in a separate bowl, then add to apple mixture (batter will be thick).
- Pour into ungreased 13x9 baking pan, and bake for one hour or until done.