Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve this cake as you would a slice of apple pie -- warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Make and share this Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sliced apples (preferably Jonathan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix together apples, oil, sugar, eggs& walnuts by hand in a large bowl, combining well.
- Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla& cinnamon in a separate bowl, then add to apple mixture (batter will be thick).
- Pour into ungreased 13x9 baking pan, and bake for one hour or until done.
This cake was fantastic. I love how the top is a bit crunchy, very nice. I had so many apples to use up from my tree and this is a recipe I will be using again. Thanks for posting.
delicious!!!! amazing apple cake. little oily to the touch, i might try substituting 1/2 cup oil for applesauce. otherwise great!
Just tried this cake today. It is delicious. And easy to prepare except that it is very hard to stir! I used a tube pan and baked for one hour and ten minutes. Turned out perfectly. Next time I will add an extra half cup of nuts and one half teaspoon more salt. Moist. Crunchy on top. Delicious!