1 hr 15 mins
Carrie A's Note:
Moist delicious cake. It really reminds me of a breakfast danish or something. Cake just doesn't do it justice! You can make it as the recipe follows or you can make it sugar free by using Splenda, or even fat free by replacing the oil with apple sauce and eggs with eggbeaters. It really is delicious. You can also use other fruit like peaches blueberries, pineapples. It is very versatile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, yogurt, oil, 1 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2Mix till smooth with a hand mixer.
- 3Add raisins and walnuts at this time if you choose.
- 4Mix again to combine.
- 5Butter 9 inch pan.
- 6Pour 3/4 of batter into the pan.
- 7Peel and core apple.
- 8Slice in very thin pieces.
- 9Layer apples on top of batter in the pan to cover entire cake.
- 10Sprinkle half cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon on top of apples.
- 11Pour remaining amount of batter on top of apples.
- 12Bake for 40 mins to an hour. Cooking time depends on the stove. Just keep checking. Remember the cake is very moist. It almost doesn't look done.
- 13This cake is good served warm, but even better at room temperature hours after it is cooked (next day). Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 53.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-fat vanilla yogurt