Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this yet, but it sounds great.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 baking apples
- Combine first 3 ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Add dry ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 of dough into 9x13 pan.
- Peel and slice apples. Place in bowl. Microwave for 6 minutes, toss (cook more if needed).
- Lay slightly cooled apples over base.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Take spoonfuls of batter, dip in flour. Flatten with fingers to 3/4 cm thick. Cover all apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees or 45 minute.