Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fabulous and a little different apple recipe with fabulous sauce.
- 6 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 6 -8 apples, 1/2 inch dice
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 4 ounces powdered sugar
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cube raisin bread, and mix with apples. Spread evenly in a 9x9-inch baking dish. In a bowl mix eggs with milk, sugar cinnamon, molasses, and vanilla to combine well. Pour over the bread and apples.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until set. Remove and let cool.
- For Hard Sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over your Apple Betty and enjoy!