Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
My family's most favorite bread. This one has a crumbly topping that makes it seem almost like dessert - enjoy! (makes 1 loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (do not use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons walnuts (optional!) or 3 tablespoons pecans (optional!)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Beat together all the bread ingredients until well blended. I like to get the apples softened up a bit by beating a few extra minutes.
- Cut the margarine into the other topping ingredients until you get course crumbs.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased bread pan. Sprinkle on the topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
I cooked this recipe for Thanksgiving and my mother was pleased with the results! Hard to find in stores and rare to even find- if you're able to, so I decided to cook myself. Thanks for sharing! 5 star rating!