Recipe by Mamabear
I got this recipe from a good friend about a year ago. It is fairly quick and easy and has a nice balance between nutrition and taste.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups peeled and diced apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix All Bran cereal and skim milk together and let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix egg and oil together.
- Add bran/milk mix and rest of dry ingredients to egg and oil mixture.
- Scoop into muffin tins and sprinkle with a mixture of 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.