Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I reccomend making the Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce to go with this(Another Recipezaar recipe)I buy bags of cranberries when they are available and keep them in the freezer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cooking apples, peeled,cored,sliced (6 cups)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine first 4 ingredients,set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar,beat well.
- Add milk and egg,beating well.
- Stir in flour mixture,set aside.
- Combine apples and next 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to apples,stir well.
- Spoon fruit mixture into lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees,for 45-60 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce (another Recipezaar recipe) or ice cream.