Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Magnolia Bakery.
Make and share this Apple Bars With Oatmeal Crumb Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats, reserved for sprinkling (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon water
- To make the crust: in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and flour until crumbly and well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Using your hands, pat the crust firmly and evenly into the pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven a let cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- To make the topping: in a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, oats, and cinnamon together.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; then using your hands, toss until all the ingredients are well combined; set aside.
- When the crust is cooled, evenly spread the apple filling over the crust, leaving a 1/4-inch edge all around.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apple filling; sprinkle the additional 3 tablespoons rolled oats over the crumb topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes; allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the glaze: In a bowl, combine the sugar and water; beat until smooth.
- Cover until ready to use.
- When the bars are completely cooled, drizzle the glaze decoratively over the crumb topping.
- Allow the glaze to set for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.