1 hr 25 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats, reserved for sprinkling (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1To make the crust: in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and flour until crumbly and well combined.
- 2Transfer the mixture to an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 3Using your hands, pat the crust firmly and evenly into the pan.
- 4Bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven a let cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- 5To make the topping: in a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, oats, and cinnamon together.
- 6With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; then using your hands, toss until all the ingredients are well combined; set aside.
- 7When the crust is cooled, evenly spread the apple filling over the crust, leaving a 1/4-inch edge all around.
- 8Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apple filling; sprinkle the additional 3 tablespoons rolled oats over the crumb topping.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes; allow to cool to room temperature.
- 10To make the glaze: In a bowl, combine the sugar and water; beat until smooth.
- 11Cover until ready to use.
- 12When the bars are completely cooled, drizzle the glaze decoratively over the crumb topping.
- 13Allow the glaze to set for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bars With Oatmeal Crumb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g