Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious snack or dessert. Much like an apple crumble but in a bar/square form.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift the flour with the cinnamon, salt and soda.
- Add brown sugar. Mix this with oatmeal and cut in teh butter undtil crumbly.
- Spread half the mixsture in a greased baking dish 7x11 inches.
- Dot it with butter and all sliced apples. Sprinkle the quarter cup brown sugar and cover with remaining mixture.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cut into bars or squares.
These were OK. They didn't stay together for me. The flavor was good but when they came out of the pan they fell apart. Maybe if the apples were cooked with more sugar first? I think it's a great start to a recipe, just needs something...