1/2 Photos of Apple & Almond Teacake
1 hr 5 mins
This is not a rich or heavy cake. It is a simple cake that is great served with tea or coffee - either cold or warm, with cream if desired. Eat within 2 days. Australian measurements used. (Aust. Women's Weekly)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 Deg C (350 Deg F or Gas Mark 4). Grease then line a 20cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar in a small bowl, until pale in colour and light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- 4Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half of the milk and half of the sifted flours. Then stir in the remaining milk and flour.
- 5Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with the apple then top with the almonds.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes then carefully turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Almond Teacake
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g