Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Easy appetizer made from staples.
- 1 lb jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs meat, ground
- salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 -2 slice bread
- Cook first 4 ingredients together slowly until the cranberry sauce has dissolved.
- Soak the bread in water until it is soggy but not overly soggy. Remove and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the meat, salt/pepper, and egg. Mix very well. Form into small balls.
- Add them to the pan of liquid cranberry sauce. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until done. Place them on a chafing dish and serve with toothpicks.