1/2 Photos of Appetizer Platter
I was looking for an appetizer dip that was a little different with a touch of heat and came across this recipe that has a bit more than a touch of heat and spice but I thought this sounded perfect for get togethers. Recipe source: Simply Simpatico, a community cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 avocados, mashed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, greens only chopped
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 ripe olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato, seeded and cubed
- chili powder, to taste
- parsley, garnish
- 1 (7 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1Use a glass pie plate or a glass serving dish and this will be made in layers.
- 2Layer 1: mix together refried beans and taco seasoning. Spread on pie dish, but not all the way to the edges.
- 3Layer 2: Mash the avocados with sour cream, lemon juice and garlic salt. Spread on top of bean mixture.
- 4Layer 3: Sprinkle green chiles and green onions over all.
- 5Layer 4: Combine cheeses and sprinkle over covering the previous layers completely.
- 6Layer 5: Decorate with sliced olives and tomatoe cubes.
- 7Sprinkle chili powder over all and garnish with parsley.
- 8Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Appetizer Platter
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.2
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 537.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g