Apicius' Semifreddo Agli Amaretti
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar till it becomes firm white foam. Pour it out in a round bottom stainless steel bowl and double boil it while continue whisking, until the batter gets to 70C (foam forms a tring w/o breaking). Take it off the fire and let it cool.
- Whip up the cream in a very cold bowl.
- Crumble the amaretti.
- First fold the egg batter into cream, then add crumbs. Fold with care.
- Optionally, you can flavor the cream with some drops of amaretto liqueur.
- Put the cream in individual cups and keep in the freezer for half an hour.